Friday, November 14, 2008

Insomnia

It's 3 a.m. and I can't sleep. I went to bed at my normal time, and after two hours, I hadn't gone to sleep yet, so I got up. I'm sitting here wide awake, starting to worry that in four hours I have to get up and start another work day, and I haven't ended this one yet!!

I don't normally suffer from insomnia ...at least not often. I probably did it to myself this time.
The truth is, it's probably from the coffee I had after dinner tonight. If I drink coffee later in the day, I usually make sure it's decaf, but I have some Godiva coffee pods for my Senseo and I wanted to try one. It was really good ... but not worth losing a night's sleep!!

The house is quiet. I can hear Honey snoring in the next room. Chloe is sleeping on a shelf above my head, and one of the dogs is whimpering softly, probably dreaming of chasing squirrels in our backyard, a favorite pastime.

I've been up for an hour and a half, and I'm still not sleepy so I guess I'll start some of that work for tomorrow and get a jump on it. Maybe I can fit a nap in later in the morning.

Or maybe working will make me sleepy ....

4 comments:

Shari said...

It's 10pm in Perth and I'm just looking around before bedtime. Insomnia can be hard, but they say to get up if you lie awake. Hopefully it's a one-off event and we'll stick with having our coffee treats in the morning. I'm a bit of a mocha fan myself. Are you able to do any sewing? I can only do hand work as everything else is too noisy. I hope you were able to get to sleep before too long.
Cheers

Sara said...

Oh, when I get a night like that I get crazy! Hope you got a little sleep...

Needled Mom said...

Isn't it a drag to be up and wide awake when everyone else is sleeping? Like you, I usually get up and catch up on blogs, etc. Hope you sleep well tonight.

Vicki H. said...

I Hate those nights, I am fortunate that they are few and far between. Did you finally get some rest so you can enjoy the weekend?