Saturday, November 8, 2008

What I've Been Working On ....

I didn't have anything to post for Finished by Friday this week, but it's not because I haven't been doing anything. This week I made these cute little 4 patch blocks. This is going to be a long term project. I want to do a 4 patch quilt, so I'll just make a few blocks here and there, and when I have enough, I'll sew them all together.

I learned how to paper piece. Does this look like a chili pepper to you??
I made another little fabric basket. This one is a bit bigger than the original pattern and I changed the handle placement. It worked out fine.


I practiced my free motion quilting on some little pieces, which bound and turned into hot pads for our kitchen. We never seem to have enough!!






I finished my mini-quilt for November's Swap Til You Drop, but I can't show that until my partner receives it. I think it turned out kind of cute.
Projects I'm still working on ...
Rail fence quilt for my sister.
Little boxes quilt from Pumpkins Gone Wild scraps .. needs backing, quilting and binding.
The December them for Swap Til You Drop was announced, and I had a flash of inspiration, so I started on that already. I was going to sit out December thinking it would be too busy ... but then I got this great idea!!
The Baby Girl quilt ... I'm still working on frogging all that meandering!!!
New projects I want to start
A Christmas tree skirt for the Big Guy and KT (by request)
Lounge pants for all the kids (five pair).
A Christmas table runner for myself.
Curtains for the Wonder Child's bedroom in his new apartment (by request).
A throw quilt for the Poet and fiancee for Christmas.
I guess all that will keep me busy for a while!!
Happy sewing!! Terri




4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is quite a list of projects. WOW!

Did you enjoy the paper piecing? I can definitely tell that it is a chili.

Your free motion looks great. Potholders are such a practical way to get the hang of it.

Yes, that is a pitiful stash!!!! You need to work harder on that so you can get in the club of those who have waaaay too much. :)

Lurline said...

Wow! Love your basket - please tell us about measurements, etc. that you used!
Hugs - Lurline!

Vicki H. said...

You are really sewing up a storm!! I haven't had the courage to try paper piecing. I am slow to adapt to new methods (new to me) and I would need to take the time for a class to learn. Love the baskets.

Shari said...

You've achieved quite a lot this week! The chili looks hot! Love the pot holders too.

I've been thinking of making a couple of baskets for Christmas. Now that I see the bigger size works well will try that as I already have some bigger pre-cut left-overs!
Cheers