Thursday, November 13, 2008

One of Those Days ...

Did you ever have one of those days where you sit down to sew and just nothing goes right? I had one of those mornings. Usually, after I realize it's going to be one of those days where I spend more time ripping seams than I do sewing, I give up and decide to do something else. But this morning, I wanted to finish my paper pieced blocks for the Christmas tree skirt I'm working on. So I stuck with it and did manage to finish four more blocks, two candy canes and two wreaths.
Now I just need to figure out how to put them into a tree skirt!! I think that's probably a project for another day, given the fact that "right sides together" is proving to be an impossible skill for me today!!
So I'm going to make some chicken and wild rice soup for Honey for dinner tonight, and maybe I'll make that pineapple upside-down cake I've been wanting for dessert.
Yeah ... that sounds like a plan!!

2 comments:

Shari said...

Foundation piecing can be tricky but practice makes perfect! Chicken and wild rice soup sounds good. What else do you put in it?
Cheers

Lurline said...

I often find my little brain can't cope in reverse - there's a time and place for everything so don't get too downhearted - cooking/baking is great therapy!
Hugs - Lurline!