Friday, October 31, 2008

Finished by Friday and Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween!!

I finished quilting and binding my blue and yellow baby quilt this week. This was my beginner's project to get me eased back into piecing and quilting. It's not perfect, but it did what it was intended to do ... refresh my skills.
And ... I pieced the top for the lap quilt I'm making for my sister. This is the rail fence pattern. It's done using assembly line strip piecing and it goes really fast. I want to finish this up to give to her for Christmas so she can cuddle up under it this winter, and I don't have time for a complicated pattern. This one was perfect. I still need to add the borders and sandwich and quilt it, but I'm counting getting the top pieced as a sort of finish!!
It looks like it's going to be a beautiful Halloween here. It's supposed to get up to 65 degrees and the sun is shining. We don't fuss much about Halloween these days like we did when the kids were small, but we do enjoy seeing all the little goblins in their costumes that show up at our door. I wanted to put costumes on the dogs this year, but Honey wouldn't let me. I found the perfect costumes for them ... a pirate for Scooter, scallywag that he is, and an angel for Peanut (who is anything but). I think it would have been cute!!

No comments: